Fast Turn-Up (Hurricane Electric IP Transit)
[Jan. 17, 2017] A new customer sought to turn up new IP Transit service across an IXP (internet exchange point), today. (No "rush" or special treatment was requested.)
- 11:18: Customer provides complete order.
- 14:42: HE processes customer's initial payment.
- 14:54: HE provisioning department asks for existing customer prefixes.
- 15:07: Customer confirms prefixes.
- 15:24: Customer requests additional IPv4 block.
- 15:34: HE provisioning department allocates and enables new IPv4 block.
- 15:36: HE confirms that service is turned up and LIVE!
(That's 4 hours, 18 minutes from order to live service.)
We love our customers!
Your mileage may vary. Professional driver on closed course. :-)
Image credit: http://bgp.he.net/report/exchanges
- Internet Bandwidth
- Internet Service
- Ip Transit